A community of critical thinkers and innovative learners.
Bellbrae Primary School offers students, staff and families a strong sense of community and belonging. This enables our students to develop and grow in a unique environment that is enjoyable, supportive, relevant and able to offer challenges that empower students to be 21st Century life-long learners. In 2019 we have 484 students and in excess of 35 staff members across all facets of the school, yet are able to offer a strong sense of community where individuals are respected and appreciated. The school is highly committed to the mental health and well-being of all students, with an active welfare program falling under the banner of school wide positive behaviours.
Mrs Louise Kahle - School Assistant Principal
- A safe, supportive and friendly environment with an average class size of 22 students.
- Active promotion of confidence and self-esteem.
- A well resourced school in a unique rural setting.
- A quality curriculum developed by a team of dedicated and professional staff with a good balance of experience and gender.
- A focus on critical thought, independent learning and transformational pedagogy.
- An emphasis on Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Learning skills.
- A support, intervention and extension program ensuring all individual learning needs are catered for.
At Bellbrae we recognise the importance of providing a safe environment for all students. As some children at our school suffer from allergic reactions, we request that all parents take significant precautions to prevent any risk to students with allergies. We encourage parents, where possible, not to send food to school that might pose an allergy risk to any classmate identified as being anaphylactic. All staff members are trained in anaphylaxis management, and the school has additional EPI Pens to complement the personal EPI Pens anaphylactic students store at school in the First Aid Room. Parents are also encouraged to regularly speak to their children about ways they can help to ensure anaphylactic students are not exposed to any risk that might trigger a reaction. All staff are trained in anaphylaxis, diabetes and asthma management.
Bellbrae Primary School is using Compass as its online school management platform. This will allow the school to provide immediate, on demand access to a range of features including:
- Accessing your child's Semester Reports and ongoing Learning Tasks.
- Booking your Parent/Teacher/Student conferences
- Viewing up to date class and school attendance information
- Approving or entering upcoming or past absences for your child/children
- Giving permission for excursions, camps and swimming and payment for non-PAYG families and non-excursion levy events.
- Communication about school news and current events.